Aims and activities of the organisation
Samarkand State Institute of Foreign Languages was founded on November 8, 1994. Since that time on SamSIFL has been doing its outmost in improving the language instruction and achieved certain success in preparing the qualified specialists in this sphere. Samarkand State Institute of Foreign Languages is known as one of the leading language teaching institutions in preparing specialists in many foreign languages. Our Institute became one of the exemplary institutions, which successfully promotes foreign language specialists not only in Samarkand, but also throughout Central Asia. Read more
The Institute has signed about 50 Agreements on scientific and scientific - technical cooperation with higher educational establishments, international organizations and scientific centers of foreign countries of the world. Within the framework of mutual cooperation agreement with the universities programs the scientific-research works are realized; their results are published in the joint scientific editorials. Cooperation with universities of Russian Federation, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, China, Egypt, UK, USA, and Kazakhstan is developing actively.
Philology, Foreign languages - namely, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic and the direction of the translation theory and practice were determined as the basic trends in educational curriculum. Besides the above mentioned foreign languages, students have a right to choose English, German, French, Arabic, Persian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Spanish languages as a second language.
Currently, there are more than 2000 BA students including 10 foreign students, 200 MA students studying at the institute. 14 Doctors of sciences, professors, 58 PhD degree holders, 33 senior teachers 192 teachers, as well as over 14 foreign specialists currently teach at the institute.
The role of SamSIFL in the CLASS project
- Developing action plan
- Task distribution among the local project team
- Purchasing equipment for administrative and teaching issues
- Teaching and instructing CA academic staff in syntactic, morphological and semantic structure of the English language
- 5 academic staff participation in training on teaching CL with blended learning technology
- 5 academic staff participation in training on development methodologies for NLP tools
- Developing and approving curriculum of master program
- Developing syllabuses and content materials of the course distributed equally among the Uzbek partners
- Developing NLP tools
- Developing Open online courses
- Organizing student enrollment procedure
- Creating video rollers
- Developing e‐books and methodological books on CL distributed equally among the Uzbek partners
- Reporting to SC and administrative managers
- Organizing conference in last semester meeting
- Introducing developed master program to other HEIs
Operational capacity: Skills and expertise of key staff involved in the project
SamSIFL Team Coordinator
He has very good organisational skills and a strong leadership character gained through professional experience working at the International Office of SamSIFL. He has been actively participating in Tempus, Erasmus+, Erasmus Mundus and other projects. Read more
Experience in project management, participation in international education and scientific projects (Erasmus+ IMEP, Erasmus+ ICM), publications devoted to quality of education, Director of English training centre where the training programs can be piloted. Lecturer on Mathematic linguistics for BA students at SamSIFL.
Head of Information Technologies Department of SamSIFL. Experience in Tempus DeTEL “Developing the Teaching of European Languages: Modernizing Language Teaching through the development of blended Masters Programs” Read more